Monday, November 12, 2007

Round-Up: November 12

Here is a round-up of today's Bestiaria Latina blog posts (you can browse through previous round-ups at the Bestiaria Latina Blog archives). I hope everybody had a good weekend!

LatinViaFables.com: I'm now starting to go through Barlow's Aesop again, preparing the materials for a forthcoming book with Bolchazy-Carducci! So, as I republish the fables at LatinViaFables.com, they will have accompanying vocabulary and grammar notes, something I had not included in my previous recitation of these fables. Here is the fable I published today: De leone, asino et gallo: The Lion, The Donkey and The Rooster. The idea that lions are scared of a cockcrow is an ancient one (read more at aesopica.net), although the poor donkey does not make the connection!



Keep up with the latest posts... Get the RSS feed, or you can subscribe by email.