Thursday, March 13, 2008

Round-Up: March 13

Here is a round-up of today's blog posts (you can browse through previous round-ups at the Bestiaria Latina Blog archives). You can keep up with the latest posts by using the RSS feed, or you can subscribe by email.

Vulgate Verses. The Vulgate Verses book is now available (from Lulu Publishers), and I'm adding Study Guides at the Vulgate Verses blog. The Study Guide I've added today is for Group 26, which includes one of the famous "with me / against me" verses - Qui non est mecum, contra me est.

Greek Via Fables: Here's the latest from the Greek fables of Syntipas. Today's fable is Ταῦρος, λέαινα καὶ σύαγρος, The Bull, The Lioness and The Wild Boar, a wonderful fable about hypocrisy which is preserved only here in Syntipas.

For an image today, I'll let the Greek Divinity of the Week widget supply us a portrait of this week's god or goddess!

(If you are reading this via email, you will need to visit the blog to see the image in action.)